ECSA is here to represent all students at Edinburgh College, which means what we do changes to suit the needs of students.
Mostly it's about ensuring students have the best experience at college. That can be working on big issues that affect everyone, like childcare funding, and how much money you have in your pocket. It can also be about commenting on the standards of facilities, teaching spaces, or the quality of food on campus.
The ECSA tag line is "Powered by students, driven by values, committed to better" and that really is the mantra around here. The elected student officers (Jordan, Victoria and Rose) are the student voice when it comes to representing you in and out of the boardroom, but it doesn’t stop there. We work on a one-to-one basis with many students who walk through our office doors, on a range of issues including:
- Bursary and childcare payments
- Academic & disciplinary appeals support
- C-card (free condoms)
We also run lots of activities throughout the year that are fun and all about giving you great experiences & opportunities, such as:
- Freshers' Week
- Class Rep Conferences
- ECSA-llence Awards
- Societies and Sports Clubs
- Elections of Student Officers
ECSA is a pretty small team, so we can’t do it all, not without your help! ECSA can make big changes and do lots when people take an interest. So what are you waiting for?! Come volunteer, take part, get involved, and have fun!
ECSA is a Scottish registered charity (SC028544), which means we are ultimately overseen by a Board of Trustees. Their responsibility is to ensure good governance, that we're administered effectively, and that we're operating within the law.
Our Board of Trustees are:
- Jordan Wyllie: Chair of Trustees & Full-time Officer trustee
- Victoria Browning: Full-time Officer trustee
- Rose Dodgson: Full-time Officer trustee
- Glenn Higgins: Student trustee
- Natalie Lennox: Student trustee
- Antony Blackshaw: Vice-Chair & External trustee
- Amanda Pringle: External trustee
- VACANT: External trustee