ECSA-llence Awards 2018 - shortlist announced
Friday 4th May 2018
Nominations for the ECSA-llence awards 2018 have closed. A whopping 728 nominations were submitted by students to nominate their favourite Staff & Class Reps. 238 staff received a nomination as well as 33 class reps, making up representation the length and breadth of the college.
An all-student panel met on Wednesday the 2nd of May to shortlist down to the finalists, it wasn't easy, with such a high level of quality nominations, and what is clear is how much adoration and respect students have for those that work hard to make their learning experience the best it can be.
In the end, 12 staff and 3 students nominations, in particular, stood out to the shortlisting panel.
The Feedback Award
• Gill Bain – Business and Finance & Management and Enterprise
• Jo Cockburn - Childhood Practice Dental & pharmacy studies
• Emma Lyon – Engineering
The Guiding Hand Award
• Jamie Barton – Access & Continuing Education
• Alasdair Kellock – Engineering
• Katie Thom - LDT
Innovation in the Classroom Award
• Derek Divine – Social Sciences & Integrated Curriculum Services
• Debbie Miller – Art & Design
• Louise Riddell – Business and Finance & Management and Enterprise
Outstanding Lecturer of the Year
• Jackie Dunbar – Hair Beauty & Complimentary therapy
• Harry Kogon - Social Sciences & Integrated Curriculum Services
• Ian Records – Engineering
Class Rep of the Year
• Lewis Drummond (Computing)
• Lisa Matthews (Hairdressing)
• Rachel Swan (Childcare)
Congratulations to all staff & Class Reps nominated, and a very special congratulations to those shortlisted. ECSA look forward to celebrating with staff, students & other guests at our ECSA-llence Award ceremony on the 17th May at the Sighthill Atrium from 5pm - 7pm.