Edinburgh College Students’ Association takes its role as a champion for Equality & Diversity very seriously. We want to build an inclusive and empowering environment for all students so that they can fully participate in college life and enjoy their time at Edinburgh College. We believe liberation is key to achieving this vision and we have a responsibility to provide a voice for our diverse student population.
We are committed to the development of a society where diversity is respected, valued and celebrated and where people do not face discrimination, prejudice and oppression, but can flourish and reach their potential.
- In promoting equity and offering opportunities to speak out to those who are in greater need or to those whom it will affect more.
- That changes we implement should be led and informed by those it affects the most
- Intersectionality is central to equality
- That the important building blocks for a successful college and successful students are mutual respect, commitment and a strong sense of community where all individuals, no matter their background, have an opportunity to develop and improve.
- Create a learning environment that will enable and encourage all students to experience and celebrate diverse cultures and identities.
- Continue to work in partnership with key stakeholders; students, college staff and external organisations
- Empower students to take their seat at the table and engage in celebrating our differences and focus on what brings us together
- Ensure we continue to educate ourselves
- Listen to any feedback from students, especially those with lived experiences