Jobs: Student Engagement Assistants
Friday 4th May 2018
Student Engagement Assistants
Hours per week: 6 (Hours will fit around your timetable)
Pay rate: £8.75
Contract: Term time
Location of work: 1 per campus (Sighthill, Granton, Milton, Midlothian)
Closing Date for applications: Friday 1st June 2018
Start date: 13th August 2018
ECSA are looking to recruit campus-based ‘Student Engagement Assistants’ who will join the team and help support the student association to get on with the year ahead. The purpose of this role is to help ECSA grow its capacity to support even more students.
You will be supported by the Full-time staff with your main point of contact being the Engagement & Policy Coordinator. Who will be responsible to ensure you are trained and supported to help achieve individual and group tasks within projects.
A key aspect of this role will include the training of Class Reps as part of sparqs ‘Institutional Associate Trainer (IAT) Scheme. This requires a successful candidate to attend a training day on either the 30th or 31t of July.
This role will involve engaging with students & staff across the college and as such requires a positive attitude, and the soft skills required for working in a customer service facing role, as much as an ability to work to deadlines in an office environment. Successful applicants will be expected to manage their time effectively.
Successful candidates will work with the ECSA staff to build a weekly work schedule that fits with their classes. The opening office hours are between 9 am & 4.30 pm Monday to Friday and successful candidates would be expected to commit to doing their hours between normal opening office times.
- Working at a campus-based office dealing with student enquiries and taking on administrative tasks
- Promotion of physical & digital marketing materials including the use of ECSA’s official social media profiles
- Working on a varied group of projects relative to ECSA’s Priority Objectives for the year
- Providing logistical support to facilitate successful events such as Class Rep Conferences, Freshers’ week, sports & activities
- Use ECSA systems including a case management system, email & ECSA website to complete tasks.
- Helping to work and deliver on key ECSA campaigns throughout the Academic year.
This list is not exhaustive at times there may be specific work in which all staff are expected to help out in at key times of the year. However, this will be discussed with you by your line manager and work will be divided to ensure a proportionate number of tasks relative to your working hours.