EC Students’ Association is run by a team of elected students, also known as Full-Time Officers. Every year we run elections to vote for a new team, and that’s why we need you!
We are here to represent all students across the four campuses of Edinburgh College. The needs of our students are always evolving, which is why every March, we host our College-wide elections for the Student President, Vice President Welfare, and Vice President Activities positions. These three Full-Time Officers will work full-time from 1st July 2024 – 30th June 2025, representing students and improving their experience at Edinburgh College. It’s an amazing opportunity to take a stand and influence change in College life. It’s also a chance to have a rewarding and flexible job where you can develop lots of transferable skills. The salary is £21,840 (additional pay award pending), for 35 hours per week.
Each of the three Full-Time Officers have a remit they work on.
- The President focuses on education, learning and teaching, and represents students at the College's Board of Management
- The Vice President Welfare works with the College to ensure good student mental health, and leads on wellbeing events
- Vice President Activities works toward setting up societies and activities to enrich student life
Each of the Officers also have the freedom to come up with projects that they believe would make the student experience at Edinburgh College the best it can be.
Here’s what our current officers have to say to convince you:
Skye, President, 2023/24 said:
“Working for EC Students’ Association has been one of the hardest but most rewarding things I've ever done. It has pushed me to tackle things I never thought I could do, but knowing you're making real change for students is an experience and opportunity you just can't replace.”
Luna, Vice President Welfare, 2023/24 said:
“Being part of EC Students’ Association is such a unique and eye opening experience with no two days the same. Representing all students regardless of who they are, is as daunting as it is fulfilling, and I would do it forever if it could.”
Are you interested?
EC Students’ Association are impartial and will keep your ideas confidential.
There are two main phases to the election process:
- During the nomination period: you come up with the reasons why students should vote for you, and you’ll submit your nomination form
- During the voting period: you’ll campaign for students to vote for you, they’ll vote for the candidates they want to be elected, then we’ll announce the results
You can see an overview of the elections timeline below, and you can find out more about how elections work by visiting our Elections Hub. As always, keep your eye out for more details on our website, in our newsletters, and on socials.