Student Engagement Assistant - Sighthill
8 hours per week
Term time only 2019/20
£9.50 per hour
Edinburgh College Students’ Association is recruiting new Student Engagement Assistant to be based at our Sighthill campus. This role is for a student to support ECSA activities while gaining valuable admininistrative work experience. The Student Engagement Assistant will be based within the Sighthill office with regular student engagement activities on campus. Hours will be flexible around your student timetable between the hours of 9am and 4pm. There will be no work during term holidays.
The duties of the Student Engagement Assistant will change to suit the needs of the current work of staff and officers. However below is an idea of some of the tasks you will be asked to complete:
- Answering general student enquiries and providing general office support
- Administering our C-Card Service, offering free condoms to students
- Updating content on the ECSA website as well as creating content on all social media channels
- General administrative jobs such as printing, scanning and typing of documents
- Contacting Class Reps and researching student views/experiences of relevant issues relating to the student experience
- Supporting various ECSA events and campaigns throughout the academic year
- Running stalls to engage with students on specific areas of work, handing out freebies and raising awareness of campaigns
Application and Benefits
This post is only available to current Edinburgh College students. You will receive full training, regular one-to-one support as well as a reference for future job applications. We will be recruiting on the basis of the Student Engagement Assistant being available to work from Sighthill.
The successful candidate will gain skills and experience from working in a busy, front-facing office environment as well as an insight into the workings of a representative organisation to help them further develop and increase their employability. Previous experience of working in a busy office environment and/or knowledge of basic website content editing would be advantageous to an application, but not necessary.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form before 9am on Tuesday 10th September. Interviews will take place Thursday 12th and Friday 13th of September.
If you have any questions please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or just pop into one of the offices for a chat.