Neal Black was elected as President in March 2016.
‘The President represents the voice of students at the highest levels of Edinburgh College, campaigning to make change and improve the student experience with a specific focus on improving Education as well as being accountable to the students on campus’.
- Sit on the College Board of management and leadership committees and works with the college to ensure that students are at the centre of decisions.
- Chair the ECSA trustee board to ensure the Association is student-led and focussed on our strategic objectives
- Represent the association and students when attending external events
- Support the student officer team and work towards organisational goals to benefit students
- Work to ensure the best learning experience for all students
- Lead on the class rep system to allow students to shape their learning
- Work with students to address their issues and work towards solutions
- Lead on creating a quality enhancement culture within the college
- Support & develop students to empower them to be engaged with ECSA
- Updating the board of management and team through verbal and written reports
- Setting the political direction of ECSA and working on national campaigns