Get Help

Informal complaint

This is where we'd attempt to resolve the issue informally, without putting it through the college's formal recording processes.

You can make an informal complaint by speaking to your class rep or an ECSA member, who will advise you of the next steps to take or take it forward on your behalf.

Formal complaint

This is a complaint which is sent to the Edinburgh Colleges Complaints Department and will be handled by them and is responded to formally. Students normally use this if they haven't got the outcome they desired during the informal process, if the matter is particularly serious or they would just like to complain formally in line with the colleges procedures.