Elected VP Activities in March 2020
Course: HND Creative Industries: Television
Ideas for year: Increasing student engagement with activities both virtually and in person (once we get there), highlighting and celebrating cultural diversity of students as well as continuing the support for student parents and carers.
Lockdown activities: I live by the mantra of taking every opportunity to "GROW" so I have been trying my hand at gardening and can report my veg patch is flourishing. My daughter was keen to practise yoga so lockdown was the perfect opportunity to start and it has really helped us stay motivated at home.
Favorite studying tool: I am a stationary buff so a well stocked pencil case and notebook will always be top of my list
Fun fact: I LOVE Disney, every room in my house has something Disney (and I am actually wearing a Minnie Mouse sweater and Goofey socks as I'm writing this!)
Reason for running: After being an active Class Rep, I sensed some disillusionment from students and I want to make sure every student feels heard and empowered.
Main duties of VP activities include:
- Representing students on various College & External Committees, with Chairing responsibilities for relevant internal meetings
- Work with sector organisations such as Scottish Student Sport promoting ECSA Active externally and represent ECSA on the SSS Elected Students Forum
- Responsible for organising Fresher’s week & engaging student led events Work on Healthy Body Healthy Mind to create a positive culture centred around healthy living on campus
- Work with the Executive officers across all 4 campuses on issues specific to related to sports & activities
- Support & develop students to empower them to be engaged with ECSA
- Consult with students on current issues facing them and develop solutions to the benefit of students
- Develop ECSA Active brand and services to be as of inclusive of as many students as possible
- Work to improve participation by students across the college in sports, clubs and activities