VP Sport & Activities
Cammy has previously studied Level 2 Sports Activity Leadership before moving on to Access to HND Sports Coaching and Development and most recently completing his HNC in Sports Coaching and Development.
He is a football fan as well as being a qualified referee. Cammy has also played for the Scotland Cerebral Palsy international team, representing Scotland six times. He was elected as Vice-President (Sports & Activities) in March 2017.
‘VP Sports and Activities is responsible for driving ECSA Active ensuring the promotion and continued support for student led sports clubs and societies and more general physical activity. From competitive sports to one off events.’
Main duties include:
- Represents students on various College & External Committees, with Chairing responsibilities for relevant internal meetings
- Work with sector organisations such as Scottish Student Sport promoting ECSA Active externally and represent ECSA on the SSS Elected Students Forum
- Responsible for organising Fresher’s week & engaging student led events Work on Healthy Body Healthy Mind to create a positive culture centred around healthy living on campus
- Work with the Executive officers across all 4 campuses on issues specific to related to sports & activities Support & develop students to empower them to be engaged with ECSA
- Consult with students on current issues facing them and develop solutions to the benefit of students
- Develop ECSA Active brand and services to be as of inclusive of as many students as possible
- Work to improve participation by students across the college in sports, clubs and activities