VP Sports & Activities
Shannon has most recently studied the YMCA Gym Instructor course, having previously studied acting and photography.
She is a always up for a new challenge, taking up various activities over the past few years, including dance of various genres, pole fitness, trapeze, and most recently, roller derby. She was elected as Vice-President (Sports & Activities) in March 2018.
‘VP Sports and Activities is responsible for driving ECSA Active ensuring the promotion and continued support for student led sports clubs and societies and more general physical activity. From competitive sports to one off events.’
Main duties include:
- Represents students on various College & External Committees, with Chairing responsibilities for relevant internal meetings
- Work with sector organisations such as Scottish Student Sport promoting ECSA Active externally and represent ECSA on the SSS Elected Students Forum
- Responsible for organising Fresher’s week & engaging student led events Work on Healthy Body Healthy Mind to create a positive culture centred around healthy living on campus
- Work with the Executive officers across all 4 campuses on issues specific to related to sports & activities
- Support & develop students to empower them to be engaged with ECSA
- Consult with students on current issues facing them and develop solutions to the benefit of students
- Develop ECSA Active brand and services to be as of inclusive of as many students as possible
- Work to improve participation by students across the college in sports, clubs and activities