Elected Vice President Welfare in March 2020
Course: HNC Working with Communities
Ideas for year: I want to make sure students are aware that ECSA exists and that there's lots of support available to them, I'm hoping to be able to host healthy and engaging outdoor activities for students to socialise, leading to a fun and memorable college experience.
Lockdown activities: I've really enjoyed swimming in the sea and perfecting my pizza skills!
Favorite studying tool: I can't live without my bluetooth speaker when studying - music is a definite must.
Fun fact: I speak French fluently having grown up in Senegal and Burundi
Reason for running: Just like Victoria, I really liked being a Class Rep and supporting my fellow class mates so when my friends encouraged me to run, I thought what a great opportunity to continue supporting students!
Main duties include:
- Provide training support and information on various welfare issues to students
- Work with the Executive officers across all 4 campuses on welfare issues
- Work with the college on employabilities
- Support & develop students to empower them to be engaged with ECSA
- Grow links with external organisations and campaigns linked directly to welfare including mental health, and organisations that work on issues that affect students
- Work on developing a more welcoming and inclusive campus
- Consult with students on current welfare issues facing them and develop solutions to the benefit of students
- Updating the board of management and team through verbal and written reports