Elected President in March 2020
Course: Introduction to Social Sciences Level 4 at Milton Road (Yes, level 4 you read that right!)
Ideas for year: Things have changed massively since I wrote my manifesto, but my main ideas still include improving the student experience with a focus on equality and inclusion as well as exploring new ideas for student led groups and projects
Lockdown activities: Being bossed around by other half to do intense DIY, she calls it delegating..
Favorite studying tool: My brain - I am very passionate and I turn into a bit of a dog with a bone and just won't give up.
Fun fact: I do love doing home improvements or anything else hands on.
Reason for running: Carla (previous President) recommended the role and it just seemed too good an opportunity to pass up!
The main duties of the President include:
- Sit on the College Board of management and leadership committees and works with the college to ensure that students are at the centre of decisions
- Chair the ECSA trustee board to ensure the Association is student-led and focussed on our strategic objectives
- Represent the association and students when attending external events
- Support the student officer team and work towards organisational goals to benefit students
- Work to ensure the best learning experience for all students
- Lead on the class rep system to allow students to shape their learning
- Work with students to address their issues and work towards solutions
- Lead on creating a quality enhancement culture within the college
- Support & develop students to empower them to be engaged with ECSA
- Updating the board of management and team through verbal and written reports
- Setting the political direction of ECSA and working on national campaigns