Elected Student President in March 2021 after having served 1 year as VP Welfare.
Course: Completed HNC Working with Communities before becoming VP Welfare.
Ideas for year: Last year was particularly difficult for students with the various lockdowns and having to study from home. I want to make sure that students are provided with laptops and wifi and improve the bursary system so that students don’t have the added stress of financial worries whilst they study at Edinburgh College.
Favorite studying tool: Lots of coffee!
Fun fact: I love outdoor swimming and I’m always keen to find new swimming locations in Scotland
Reason for running: I really enjoyed being your VP of Welfare last year so I wanted to continue working for students and representing you at the College and at National level.
Main duties of the President include:
- Working with Class reps and attending Class Rep meetings
- Work with the other officers across all 4 campuses on academic and student support issues
- Work with NUS to represent students at a National level
- Support & develop students to empower them to be engaged with ECSA
- Grow links with external organisations and campaigns linked directly to student experience
- Work on developing a more welcoming and inclusive campus
- Consult with students on current issues facing them and develop solutions to the benefit of students
- Updating the board of management and team through verbal and written reports