Carla Ford was first elected as President in March 2019.
‘Hello, my name is Carla Ford. I’m 31 and have 3 children. Ive recently completed my 2nd year studying in Health and Social Care. My long term career goal is to become a Midwife. I am a confident, empathetic person that enjoys solving problems. As your Student President my job is to represent the voice of students at the highest level in Edinburgh College, campaigning to make change and improve the student experience (with a specific focus on improving education), as well as being accountable to the students on campus’.
The main duties of the President include:
- Sit on the College Board of management and leadership committees and works with the college to ensure that students are at the centre of decisions.
- Chair the ECSA trustee board to ensure the Association is student-led and focussed on our strategic objectives
- Represent the association and students when attending external events
- Support the student officer team and work towards organisational goals to benefit students
- Work to ensure the best learning experience for all students
- Lead on the class rep system to allow students to shape their learning
- Work with students to address their issues and work towards solutions
- Lead on creating a quality enhancement culture within the college
- Support & develop students to empower them to be engaged with ECSA
- Updating the board of management and team through verbal and written reports
- Setting the political direction of ECSA and working on national campaigns